Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What a Difference a Mother's Day Makes

I've been thinking lots lately about where God has brought us over the past year, and what better day to reflect than Mother's Day. 
Last year Mother's Day was just a mere 6 days after our sweet baby boy joined us.  I never thought I'd survive that first week of his life, not being able to hold him.  OR even touch him except through those 2 holes on the side of his incubator.  OR stop crying when I saw my sweet husband & daughter join hands to place on his back through those same 2 holes, one on each side of his "bed."  OR celebrating (with many tears) the baby dedication with the other mothers at church, while my newest born was lying in a hospital on life support.  But I'm so thankful for Christ, and a husband to bear it with. 
When we arrived that day to see him, there hung a picture of his sweet face without the tube in his mouth!  What a great Mother's Day gift!  Words just cannot describe the awesomeness (is that a word?) of it.
I have seen him grow into a sweet, and yet, "determined" (aka sinner) little man.  He can say momma & dadda.  The most awesome thing is to see that all of the doctors have been proven wrong more than once.  I don't find joy in the fact that people were proven wrong, but that God always has the best plan.  I know I'm sounding like a broken record (from my last post).  It truly is cool to see how He has proved, both before & after his birth, that He is a good God & that prayers really do work.  And even if things were different with our circumstances, He is still good & still answers prayers.
We've also seen Maya just blossom into such a more loving, compassionate, and also protective big sister.  She has grown in so many ways and has such a heart for her brother & special needs' kids.  She knows all of his history & honestly could probably take care of without a problem.  Again, just awesome to see how God has grown her into this sweet little girl.  The things she's gained (& us too) with homeschooling her are just amazing to me--sweet morning snuggles, a hunger for the gospel, and lots of learning about her own heart, and of course mine as well.  I would beg the point that she's taught me more about mine.
And lastly, we're so thankful that this Mother's Day, we were not only dedicating Myles, but celebrating the new life growing inside of me.  Please, continue to pray earnestly.  I've been so blessed & thankful for very few nauseous days.  I'm 7 weeks today.  My heart is burdened for those that continue to try to conceive, yet can't; those that have miscarried in the past & recently.  I've been surrounded by this, or maybe just have more of a heightened awareness of these things recently.  So I continue to pray & I know that God answers prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sonya! God is so good, and even though my doubting heart tries to steal that glory and truth, I choose to proclaim His goodness! You are a light in my life! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just reading some old posts....which Melissa??
      :-)

      Delete